CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
City of Garland
Work Session Room, City Hall
William E. Dollar Municipal Building
200 North Fifth Street
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
[Public comment will not be accepted during Work Session
|NOTICE: The City Council may recess from the open session and convene in a closed executive session if the discussion of any of the listed agenda items concerns one or more of the following matters:
(1) Pending/contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct. Sec. 551.071, Tex. Gov't Code.
(2) The purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.072, Tex. Gov't Code.
(3) A contract for a prospective gift or donation to the City, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.073, Tex. Gov't Code.
(4) Personnel matters involving the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear a complaint against an officer or employee. Sec. 551.074, Tex. Gov't Code.
(5) The deployment, or specific occasions for implementation of security personnel or devices. Sec. 551.076, Tex. Gov't Code.
(6) Discussions or deliberations regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations; or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect of the sort described in this provision. Sec. 551.087, Tex. Gov't Code.
(7) Discussions, deliberations, votes, or other final action on matters related to the City’s competitive activity, including information that would, if disclosed, give advantage to competitors or prospective competitors and is reasonably related to one or more of the following categories of information:
|1.||Consider the Consent Agenda
A member of the City Council may ask for discussion or further information on an item posted as a consent agenda item on the next Regular Meeting of the City Council. The Council Member may also ask that an item on the posted consent agenda be pulled from the consent agenda and considered for a vote separate from consent agenda items on the regular agenda. All discussions or deliberations on this portion of the work session agenda are limited to posted agenda items and may not include a new or unposted subject matter.
Truck Route Revisions
Council is requested to adopt the Truck Route revisions to the ordinance. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be considered at the September 17, 2019 Regular Meeting.
Consider an ordinance authorizing the issuance of Tax Notes, Series 2019B totaling $12,750,000.
Council is requested to consider and ordinance authorizing the issuance of Tax Notes, Series 2019B totalling $12,750,000. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the September 3, 2019 Regular Meeting.
Tourism Wayfinding and Signage Projects
Council is requested to consider Option 1, with implementation of four projects while continuing to navigate barriers and explore opportunities on the gateway singage at Main/First.
Routh Roach Elementary Parking Restrictions
Council is requested to consider restricting parking on the west side of Clear Point Drive, 300 feet south of Mayfield Avenue. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the September 17, 2019 Regular Meeting.
2019 Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) Application Resolution
Council is requested to approve a resolution in support of the 2019 Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) application. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the September 17, 2019 Regular Meeting.
Atmos Settlement Agreement
Council is requested to consider approval of the Settlement Agreement with Atmos Energy Mid-Tex Division ("Atmos") and the resulting rate change under the Rate Review Mechanism. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the September 17, 2019 Regular Meeting.
Discussion of 2019-20 Proposed Budget (CONTINGENCY ONLY)
This item is posted as a contingency in the event Council wishes to modify direction given to staff regarding the 2019-20 Budget.
Update on 2019 Bond Program, the Program Management Office and other Select Projects
Staff will provide a briefing on:
|4.||Discuss Appointments to Boards and Commissions|
Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Robert Vera
Council Member Dylan Hedrick
|5.||Announce Future Agenda Items
A member of the City Council, with a second by another member, or the Mayor alone, may ask that an item be placed on a future agenda of the City Council or a committee of the City Council. No substantive discussion of that item will take place at this time.