CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
City of Garland
Work Session Room, City Hall
William E. Dollar Municipal Building
200 North Fifth Street
December 12, 2017
[Public comment will not be accepted during Work Session
|NOTICE: The City Council may recess from the open session and convene in a closed executive session if the discussion of any of the listed agenda items concerns one or more of the following matters:
(1) Pending/contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct. Sec. 551.071, Tex. Gov't Code.
(2) The purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.072, Tex. Gov't Code.
(3) A contract for a prospective gift or donation to the City, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.073, Tex. Gov't Code.
(4) Personnel matters involving the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear a complaint against an officer or employee. Sec. 551.074, Tex. Gov't Code.
(5) The deployment, or specific occasions for implementation of security personnel or devices. Sec. 551.076, Tex. Gov't Code.
(6) Discussions or deliberations regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations; or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect of the sort described in this provision. Sec. 551.087, Tex. Gov't Code.
(7) Discussions, deliberations, votes, or other final action on matters related to the City’s competitive activity, including information that would, if disclosed, give advantage to competitors or prospective competitors and is reasonably related to one or more of the following categories of information:
|1.||Consider the Consent Agenda
A member of the City Council may ask for discussion or further information on an item posted as a consent agenda item on the next Regular Meeting of the City Council. The Council Member may also ask that an item on the posted consent agenda be pulled from the consent agenda and considered for a vote separate from consent agenda items on the regular agenda. All discussions or deliberations on this portion of the work session agenda are limited to posted agenda items and may not include a new or unposted subject matter.
Neighborhood Vitality Matching Grant
The Community Services Committee recommends approval for the applications as submitted by the following five neighborhood associations: Brentwood Place Community Association, Chandler Heights Neighborhood Association, Duck Creek Estates HOA, Heron's Bay Estates HOA, and Travis College Hill Neighbors. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the December 12, 2017 Regular Meeting.
Interlocal Agreement with the North Central Texas Council of Governments for Regional Wet Weather Characterization Program Effective October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2022
Council is requested to adopt a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute the attached Interlocal Agreement with the NCTCOG. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the January 9, 2018 Regular Meeting.
The Transportation Director will provide an update on the strategic transportation plan initiatives.
Proposed Property Exchange - 400-500 Block of Avenue A
Staff will provide a briefing on a proposed property exchange with the Foundry Church in the 400-500 block of Avenue A. Council direction is requested.
|4.||Announce Future Agenda Items
A member of the City Council, with a second by another member, or the Mayor alone, may ask that an item be placed on a future agenda of the City Council or a committee of the City Council. No substantive discussion of that item will take place at this time.
|5.||Council will move into Executive Session|
EXECUTIVE SESSIONNOTICE: The City Council may recess from the open session and convene in a closed executive session if the discussion of any of the listed agenda items concerns one or more of the following matters:
|The City Council will convene in executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property generally located at the intersection of IH-30 and Rosehill Road in Garland, Texas.|
|The City Council will convene in executive session pursuant to Sec. 551.074, TEX. GOV'T CODE to consider personnel matters involving the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear a complaint against an officer or employee involving the following: